What’s more authentic in Spain than drinking a chilled sangría in a sunny terrace? It is the perfect drink for parties, gatherings, festivals, etc. Easy to prepare, fruity and refreshing! It has it all!
Oh yeah! Now that the warm weather is around the corner I thought it would be great to share my Top Secret SANGRIA recipe. I must admit there are as many sangrías as people making this refreshing summer drink. What’s the best about mine? Unlike most it does not contain added sugars!
THE INGREDIENTS for a 5 litres mix:
I am not willing to do advertising of any brand. I will just mention those I prefer to use in my recipe.
– RED WINE – any cheap Spanish one will do (3 bottles – 70cl – )
– SPIRITS & LIQUEURS (the quantity depends on the strengh and flavour we prefer):
- Dark Rum
- Ponche Caballero
- Passionfruit liqueur
- Peach liqueur
– NATURAL ORANGE JUICE (squeezed directly from the oranges) – 70 cl –
– LEMONADE or LEMON & LIME refreshment – 2L –
– FRUITS (it depends on your preferences and the seasonal ones available):
- Oranges (always)
- Lemons (always)
1. Start with the spirits and liqueurs
- Around 30 cl of Vodka
- Around 20 cl of Dark Rum
- Liqueurs approx 10 cl each
* You can always add more of any of the liqueurs and spirits at the end if necessary
2. Wash, slice and chop the fruits and add them
3. Add the red wine
4. Add the natural orange juice
5. Add the lemonade/lemon & lime refreshment and stir
6. Leave it to cool down (in the fridge or any place far from the sun)
HOW TO SERVE IT:
After the mix has rested for a while (1-2 hours) just serve with plenty of “ice ice baby”!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
“Salud”, cheers and drink responsibly!